Thursday, March 6, 2014

HGT1 Community Health Nursing

My Practicum can be viewed in my other blog Vickie Views

I choose Disaster Preparedness. Living in Florida and working at a coastal hospital for over 20 years as both a LPN and a RN, I volunteered on our team. We had mock disasters from train derailments, chemical spills, hurricanes, and plane crashes. I had fun practicing setting up decontamination tents and putting on the "zoot suit". Thankfully I never had to use what I learned in real life.
I hope this helps demonstrate the format required in the paper.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Ben. I was hoping to see the format of your community health task. I still haven't decided on the topic but i thought seeing a format would give me an idea of things to think about while deciding on the topic. Would you kindly share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find the paper on my other blog. I was not able to upload it on this one. Click on Vickie Views in the post. I hope it helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vickie, thanks for posting your practicum. I chose STD prevention. How did you do in your practicum?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! I have spent hours just to find some idea of how to layout this paper. It seemed so big and unreachable. I had no idea how to drop in the endless data and that was super intimidating. Thank you again for providing your example. The markings of a true educator.

    ReplyDelete