compare bilateral extremeties always start at the most distal location, compare at same anatomical site
- palpate the most distal pulses ; assess strength and equality or absence of (pulse)
- check color or capillary refill - should be less than 3 seconds (perfusion)
- check tempurature - warm, cool or hot, cold - dry or moist (perfusion)
- sensation - light tactile stimuli to most distal (sensation)
- movement, start with most distal - wiggle toes or fingers (movement)
think of your assessment - provided privacy, tempature when you touched skin, location of palpable pulses, color, edema, lesions, response to stimuli, ability to move - what they moved.